Chief Development Officer
We’re looking for a self-motivated Chief Development Officer to help us expand tech greatness in the St Louis area. Regular, in-person attendance is typically required, though all LaunchCode staff can expect to continue work from home through the pandemic.
The Chief Development Officer is responsible for planning, design, and execution of LaunchCode’s annual and long-term strategies for donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. Support will be generated from individuals, corporations, and foundations via annual and grant support as well as program sponsorships and fundraising events. This role leads a high-functioning team of three (3) other full-time employees and one part-time employee. The expected fundraising goal for 2021 is $1.5 to $2m.
Lead LaunchCode’s Philanthropic Development Efforts (50%)
- Design, implement and manage LaunchCode’s development efforts to include an ambitious multi-year, multifaceted fundraising strategy and execution plan to raise philanthropic support for programs per annual budget.
- Lead, mentor and supervise the Donor Relations staff (3+ FTE), including through the creation of individualized professional development plans and career growth strategies.
- Create and lead a robust calendar of special events, appeals, and activities throughout the calendar year in support of growing donor base and increasing individual giving, from both major donors and LaunchCode program participants.
- Direct team efforts and projects to ensure donor research, personal high-touch gift acknowledgement and donor stewardship, and data integrity.
- Oversee and drive cultivation and stewardship efforts. Assess, oversee and direct strategies to solicit support and engagement from corporations.
- Manage the department’s annual operating budget.
Develop and Direct Major Giving (30%)
- Oversee the cultivation of foundation support and enhance the organization’s institutional fundraising yield..
- Develop and lead the organization’s major gift strategy and manage a portfolio of key donors and prospects working toward successfully closing gift solicitations in the five and six-figure range..
- Serve as one of LaunchCode’s primary liaisons with major donors, foundations and corporate sponsors..
- Coach, support and encourage the Board’s development efforts in close collaboration with the Executive Director.
Leadership, Infrastructure, and Growth (20%)
- Serve on LaunchCode’s leadership team, collaborating across functional departments to ensure alignment of resources to mission.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to create and facilitate organizational fundraising infrastructure such as a Development Committee.
- Support the work of other organization leaders seeking funding through legislative appropriation or executive action by public bodies.
- Constantly scan the environment to identify potentially transformative national funding opportunities or or potential funding streams that support expansion of LaunchCode model.
- Strength-building and managing a motivated team of those passionate about the power of education to grow the economy and transform lives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and persuasion skills. Ability to network and connect with people at multiple levels of giving ability and influence and to ‘close the deal.’
- Experience structuring and planning multifaceted initiatives, creating project plans and timelines and documenting outcomes.
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience soliciting contributions.
- Commitment to LaunchCode values.
- Strong digital skills. Confidence working in G-Suite and experience using data management and CRM tools such as Salesforce.
- High-energy, focused, self-starter. Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
What it’s like to work at LaunchCode
LaunchCode is a non-profit solving the tech talent gap and paving new pathways to economic opportunity through apprenticeships and job placement in technology. Since 2013, we’ve launched over 2,200 careers across the nation and have provided free, skills-based training to over 6,700 driven individuals.
Are you a person who’s always listening for connections? Got an earnest drive to open doors to opportunity for others and make an impact on their lives? If so, then you’ve come to the right place.
You’re part of changing the tech landscape and changing lives – Traditionally, tech education hasn’t been widely accessible to many demographics and populations. Of LaunchCode students enrolled in courses in 2020, 50% identify as people of color and 56% identify as women. 69% come from low-to-moderate income households. After being placed in a permanent position, the average LaunchCoder more than doubles their previous salary.
You’ll be part of a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion among our staff, students, and board – In 2019, the St Louis Women’s Foundation named LaunchCode as an honoree in its employment scorecard initiative for demonstrating a strong commitment to women in the workplace. Forbes also named us one of 2020’s best startup employers in the U.S. But beyond the external recognition, we believe deeply in Black Lives Matter, celebrating Pride all year round, and uplifting women in tech.
You’ll be immersed in a culture based on shared values – We love to laugh, compete for the best GIF game on Slack, and show off our pets. We also share these values: collaboration, trust, appreciation, and being kind.
Full-time: 40 hours/week
All full-time roles at LaunchCode come with:
Competitive salary – This will be a salaried position in the range of $105,000-120,000.
Benefits – For a comprehensive list of benefits, download the full job description below.
Apply online by filling out the form above. No phone calls, please. References should be available upon request. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We highly recommend applying as early as possible for the best chance of moving forward. The employment eligibility of all new hires will be verified using E-Verify.
If we can make any accommodations for you at any point during the hiring process (applying online, interviewing, on-boarding), please contact [email protected] We are happy to provide any information or resources that will make this process accessible.
We Heart Diversity
Thanks for reading this far! LaunchCode supports and fosters leadership from underrepresented communities. We strongly encourage folks from immigrant communities and communities of color, as well as those who identify as women, LGBTQ or under-resourced to apply. LaunchCode is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Program and employment policies of LaunchCode are nondiscriminatory in regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation.
To apply for this job please visit launchcode.aaimtrack.com.