8 St. Louisans Chosen as 2017 EY Entrepreneur of the Year Finalists
EY announced its finalists for the 2017 Entrepreneur Of The Year awards for the Central Midwest. Meet the eight big winners from St. Louis.
EY announced on Thursday the 2017 finalists for its Entrepreneur Of The Year awards for the Central Midwest. The annual awards program, now in its 31st year, recognizes entrepreneurs who excel in innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities.
This year, there are eight finalists from the St. Louis area, up from three in 2016:
- Scott Scully of Abstrakt Marketing Group, a full-serve marketing company;
- Allan Connolly of Aclara, which offers smart infrastructure solutions (SIS) to gas and electric utilities;
- Dan Geraty of Clearent, a merchant services company;
- David Dresner of Sleeve a Message, which produces custom coffee sleeves;
- Adam Tilford and Jason Tilford of Tilford Restaurant Group, which runs Mission Taco Joint and other Mexican restaurants in the region;
- Charles “Chuck” Cohn of Varsity Tutors, which offers one-on-one, personalized tutoring services;
- Bruce Holland of Holland Construction Services, based in Swansea, Ill.
- Donald Welge of Gilster-Mary Lee Corp. a private-label food manufacturer based in Chester, Ill.
David Lockton, chairman of the board of Creve Coeur-based Lockton Companies, will be also be recognized and presented with the Lifetime Achievement Award. St. Louis area award winners will be announced at a reception on May 17.