UMSL Accelerate Names 16 Finalists for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Accelerator
EQ IQ- < 1 Min Read
996 Views- Visitors
In order to offer transparency into how our stories are produced and to teach our readers about the importance of media literacy online, EQ's editorial team provides a quick self-rating of the integrity of the articles and the facts presented against the following EQ IQ metrics.
- Published on November 12, 2020
- Last Updated October 4, 2021
- In Entrepreneur Quarterly
The UMSL DEI Accelerator—a new initiative from the University of Missouri-St. Louis’ entrepreneurship program, UMSL Accelerate—will announce the Founders of their first cohort on December 3.
UMSL Accelerate congratulated 16 finalists who are participating in a pitch competition for a coveted spot in their new Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Accelerator. 437 applicants were considered.
Six of the finalists will go on to earn a place in the accelerator’s first cohort. Each Founder will receive $50,000 in non-dilutive capital and access to mentorship, an 8-week business accelerator program, and other resources.
- Olamide Adeboye, Wakava
- Julius B Anthony, St. Louis Black Authors of Children’s Literature
- Jeffrey Blair, EyeSeeMe
- Whitney Gregory, Eemerg Roadside Assistance Marketplace
- George Holmes, PhD, Hire Henry
- Tyrean Lewis, Heru Urban Farming
- Ciara Imani May, Rebundle
- Bernard Miller, Noninvasive Diagnostic Instruments
- Bronwyn Morgan, Xeo Air
- LaWanda Nunley, Creative Tees Girl
- Michelle Robinson, DEMIblue Natural Nails & Creative
- Akeem Shannon, Flipstik
- Jonathan Thomas, Soul Coffee Roasters
- Darren Williams, St. Louis Assembly Pros
- Lamar Woods, SoHeart – Sobriety, So Connected
- Charlene and Kamill Young, The Fattened Caf