Capital Innovators Demo Day 2016 Happening May 17 at the Pageant
Whether you’re an investor, a founder or a startup voyeur, the annual Capital Innovators Demo Day is the place to be on May 17, happening at The Pageant from 1-5 pm.
The event allows 11 of the most recent graduate companies to present to the public and investor community. They will highlight their business strategies, company objectives and growth trajectories to generate continued funding and interest. Could the next unicorn be right here in St. Louis? This Demo Day could be the best place to see for yourself.
Attendees will be able to see the impact of the 12-week Capital Innovators program which brings structure and rigor to an entrepreneur’s fresh idea. Think of it as a day-long shark tank where companies get to pitch their products and services and then attendees can check them out one-on-one.
Capital Innovators says last year’s Demo Day attracted about 750 attendees and they expect over a 1,000 this year.
Meet the companies pitching this year:
- Alphachannel: is a B2B SaaS platform connecting brands with an invite-only network of top agencies.
- BenMedica: reduces drug costs and enhances efficiency by providing prescribers with timely, accurate and actionable information at the point of care through their existing health record system.
- GiftAMeal: (formerly FoodShare) transforms restaurants into social enterprises. While dining at a GiftAMeal partner restaurant, users take photos of their food and a meal is donated to someone in need through a local food bank.
- Greetabl: is an online one-stop-shop for creatively-curated gifts and greetings that are personalized, packaged and sent in just a few clicks.
- Invisible Industries: provides brands the opportunity to connect with customers one-on-one and have personalized conversations via text message.
- Need Fixed Parts: is a wholesaler of replacement parts for mobile devices.
- Quantimodo: integrates and analyzes data from life-tracking apps and wearable devices to reveal hidden causes of and new treatments for chronic illnesses.
- Riley’s Organics: makes human grade USDA-certified organic dog treats in order to provide the healthiest option for pet parents.
- RunIQ: is a mobile and web training tool that allows runners to remotely simulate race routes and train more efficiently. It’s intelligence for the long run.
- Semantix: aims to redefine how people find and discover information in text. Users ask Semantix questions and receive direct answers and customized panels of information, rather than links and dense blocks of text.
- Spinball Sports: manufacturers high end pitching machines for baseball, softball, football and cricket.
Capital Innovators was recently ranked as a top business accelerator in the country for the third straight year and its invested in 64 companies, which have gone on to raise over $170 million dollars and create over 600 jobs. Capital Innovators says 95% of CI companies stay in St. Louis following the program.